Saturday, December 28, 2013

CHOOSE LOVE

For all of my complaining about this year, there have been some very good experiences. I don’t want to forget about them because they have been the things that have kept us going. Many, many, many times I’ve been next to tears only to have someone do something nice for me or to have my kids do something hysterical and make me laugh. I guess that’s just how life is.

There’s the bad; it’s all around, and it’s like a jack-hammer with constant pounding and breaking down. There’s enough bad to be demoralizing at times – enough to cause some people to become bitter and mean and spiteful. I’m that person sometimes. I hate to admit it, but I am. This year, I have been awful at times. I have been sad. I have cried and sobbed and yelled and said mean things. I have let the bad get the best of me many times in 2013.

But, there’s the good, too. There’s plenty of it to go around. Sometimes, I’ve had to look really, really hard for the good, but when I found it, it had the ability to overshadow the bad if I would let it. There are so many genuinely good people in my life, and I’m very fortunate to have them. My friends, my family, my kids – hell, even the dogs. There’s goodness everywhere.

And, there’s the love. It’s always the right thing do to choose love. I’m not saying that I have done that all the time in 2013. Sometimes I chose anger. Sometimes I chose dislike-borderline-hate. But, love was always there waiting for me to pull my head out, calm down, and do the right thing. Choose love. Always choose love. Bub and I have issues, and sometimes they get the better of us, but in the end, we have still managed to choose love. It’s occasionally love with a dose of bitchiness, but its love at the end of the day. And, the boys – they fight plenty, but they always choose love for each other. I’m happy that they will always have that for each other. I’m most lucky when they choose love for me. They are beautiful and have beautiful hearts, and I’m so lucky that Mother Nature trusted them to me.

And, right here - at the end of the year - the opportunity to choose love with a legal twist. More on that to come!

No comments: